Saturday, February 25, 2017

Meet My Sister, Carol, But I Call her Calo!

My younger sister, Linda Carol Johnson Mullaney!  But I call her Calo!  Carol and I were the only girls.  We have three brothers.  She is and has always been so talented as well as beautiful!  She started working at the Jackson County Hospital before she finished high school.  This sparked her love for the career she chose.  After graduation from Scottsboro High School in 1975, she enrolled  at Drake in Huntsville in the nursing department.  She continued to work while attending Drake. After receiving her nursing degree, she continued working at the Jackson County Hospital in Scottsboro where she worked for many years.  She was a vital part of the IV Therapy Dept. and was extremely good at what she did.  She had a genuine love of all her patients and always showed them the compassion that she would have wanted someone to show her own family.  Her patients were essentially an extension of family and she loved them all!  I personally have had many stays in many hospitals and a caring nurse like Carol was who I hoped entered my room to take care of me.  She has also held several executive positions in assisted living homes, which was another job she loved!  An interesting fact that many people may not know is that she is a terrific writer!  She penned several short stories while attending college at Northeast.  I still have one of the copies!  Her resume is much longer than this post!   We are all so proud of all her accomplishments!  She has two children, Nathan Hollis Smith who lives in Scottsboro with his wife Lindsey and their two children, Druw and Colin,  and Melissa Gillilan who lives in New Market with her husband Jeremy.   Carol now lives in New Market, Alabama with her husband, Thomas Mullaney.  This photo was a Scottsboro High School photo.  I will be adding recent photos soon!   Calo, Love You Big!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment